Forest is the highest parish of all Guernsey’s parishes; It rises up to about 100 m. The parish is bordered to the west by St Peter’s, to the northwest, St Saviour's, with St Andrew's to the north and, finally, to the east, St Martin's.
The south of the parish is coastal and is mostly made up of cliffs, however, there are two notable beaches; Petit Bot Bay (which is on the border of both Forest and St Martin’s and Loophole Tower 13 stands guard) and Le Portelet which is inaccessible from land but can be accessed by swimming from Petit Bot or by boat (not to be confused with Portelet on the south west coast in Torteval.
In Hill’s Historical Directory of the Channel Islands (1874) it is noted:
Fine views present themselves from most of the elevated parts of the parish. La Gouffre, La Moye Point, Petite Bot Bay[sic], and the Corbiere are the principal places of historical remark, yet the whole of the south of this island abound in scenery of the noblest description.
Buildings of note include the parish church, Les Caches Farm and the Guernsey Occupation Museum. The church is the smallest of the parish churches in Guernsey. It was built in two stages with the nave, chancel and the centrally positioned tower in the 13th century and additions in the 15th century. It has two entrances, one originally for men and the other for women. All now enter by the north door. Its walls feature massive stones which were once part of a dolmen.
Les Caches Farm is a wonderful example of a mid-19th-century Guernsey farmhouse and barn, came into the National Trust of Guernsey’s possession through a generous bequest by Miss Ruth Le Huray in 1993. A twenty-year restoration of the site was completed in 2017.