Back to the list

Fort Saumarez

L'Eree Headland, L'Eree, St Peters, GY7


Fort Saumarez is a Martello tower on a headland that forms the northern tip of L'Erée and extends to the Lihou causeway.

The original Martello tower was constructed in 1804 on the site of an existing battery. During World War II, when the Island was occupied by the Germans the site was redeveloped and a four story concrete observation tower was build on top of the original granite structure.

 

Facilities & Amenities

  • On bus routes - 62, 91, 92, N3
  • Parking


Image kindly supplied by Chris Griffiths


Image kindly supplied by Emma Kate Robbins