At Rousse the tower and battery are uniquely combined in a single fortification. It stood guard over the western approaches to the Braye du Valle which once separated the Clos du Valle from the rest of Guernsey.
In 1816 the battery had three 24 pounder cannon and two nine pounder cannon. Replicas of these guns can be seen at the site today. This battery has an associated magazine to the south west.