This battery formed part of what were the outer defences of Fort George, Guernsey's major military headquarters from the late 1780's. It was known as Terres Point Battery in 1787 but was named Clarence Battery in honour of George III's son in 1815. Many features built in the 19th century can still be seen although some alterations were made during the Second World War as this continued to be an important defensive position.
Facilities & Amenities
Access - Via cliff paths or foothpath from La Valette.
Parking - Parking at La Valette.
On Bus Routes - Close to Town Terminus served by all bus routes