Back to the list

Lihou Priory

Lihou Island, St Pierre Du Bois, GY7


The Benedictine Priory on Lihou Island was founded in the 12th century. The church was highly decorated with carved limestone, painted window glass and a floor of yellow and green glazed tiles. Burials in the cemetery and church have been dated to c.1250. Many fine objects have been found indicating the high status of the Priory. The priory is now in ruins but the outline of the buildings can clearly be seen. 

Facilities & Amenities

Access -  Only possible at very low tide via a tidal causeway (Timetable)
Perry's Guide - 12B1 
Parking - Public car park at L'Eree headland
On bus routes - 61, 91, 92, 93, 94, N3
Close to - L'Eree Bay, L'Eree Bay Hotel, Beach Side Cafe