Mont Chinchon Batterie

Route De La Roque, Perelle, St Saviour, GY7

See directions

Mont Chinchon battery was also known as Druids Altar Battery due to its close proximity to Le Trepied dolmen.

In 1801 the battery had two 20 pounder cannons which would have been manned by the Guernsey Militia. A magazine was also recorded in 1816, which would have held black powder and shot for the guns. The site was dismantled by the German occupying forces to make way for more modern defences. The construction of a cutting for a railway line also damaged the rear of the battery and the magazine.

After the 1940's the battery fell into disrepair. In 2006 work began to restore the battery and was completed in 2008. 


Facilities & Amenities

  • Access - via signposted footpath. 
  • Parking - Public car park at Le Catioroc headland. 
  • On Bus Routes - 91, 92, 94