Le Guet Watch-house
Le Guet, Castel, GY5
Situated high above Cobo Bay the watch-house has excellent views out to sea and also inland across Guernsey. It is believed this position has been used as a lookout for centuries. The watch house seen today was built in 1780.
The name Guet is derived from the French verb ‘guetter’, meaning to watch, which nods to its original use and the fact that the view from the building stretches so far.